Sunday, January 27, 2013

Northern Indiana Book Signing

Yesterday I had the good fortune of doing a book signing at the Barnes and Noble at University Park Mall in Mishawaka.  The staff was top notch and it was wonderful to be able to talk about the book, sell a few, and do so amongst old friends and family.  It was also great, for me as a father, for my kids to get to see the end result of what their daddy does professionally.

The above picture was taken by my daughter, who wanted to capture the moment!

Among those I got to chat with was a retired Lutheran pastor who is now very involved in the ecumenical movement who is very interested in emergent Christianity, the pastor of my hometown's First Presbyterian church, someone who professionally might be classified as a "seeker" (he had grown up in a small, liberal Protestant congregation -- migrated to a Megachurch -- and is now in a medium sized evangelical congregation), and someone whose father was a Presbyterian minister -- who had studied at a Lutheran seminary -- and was now a Muslim.  And while this was more of a signing, rather than a talk, as always, I learned a great deal and thought even more about topics that I tried to discuss in the book.  I hope it is the first, but not the last, of 2013.

No comments:

Post a Comment